Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Maths Journal

We use Maths everyday, especially money and to count the things around us if necessary. Without Maths, I can say that many things we had done could not have been accomplished.

These were the few ways I used Maths during the weekend: complete my physics hw to convert units and arranging a number of people into smaller groups while in church. Eg. We had an orientation in church during Youth Fellowship and 36 youths went that day. So the "leader" arranged us into 4 diff. groups and we have 9 people in each group. Another eg. I ordered a Sirloin Steak and my parents ordered a pork chop and a fish fillet that cost $5.50 each, while mine cost $6.50. I gave the boss a $50-note and I received $32.50 of change in return.
This is how meaningful Maths can be in our lives. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment