Monday, January 17, 2011

My maths journal

   Over the weekend, I did many activities that involves maths.
        
         When I cut a cake to distribute it to my family members, I used my knowledge of fractions to cut the cake to distribute it to my family members, I used my knowledge of fractions to cut the cake so that everyone would get an equal slice.
      
          When I went to the supermarket to buy some groceries, I used my knowledge of addition and percentage to calculate the total amount of money I would have to pay for the groceries.
           I also used my knowledge of ratio and volume to make bundong drink. This is because II need to mix the right proportion of rose syrup, milk and water in order to achieve an ideal taste.
            Lastly, I used my knowledge of rate, distance, time and speed to calculate how long I would take to arrive at my destination, how much money I would have to pay and how fast must the taxi be so that I would arrive at my destination in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment