Friday, September 9, 2011

Maths Viva Voce (Brendan Ng)

Part A
 Click this to watch the video
If the link does not work, copy this URL into your browser:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsKffjR06B0

Part B
In this exercise, I have learnt how to verbally speak out a solution to a maths problem. I was able to ‘translate’ the mathematical language written on the paper into words. I could elaborate on why this equation was used and so on. I have also learnt a strategy in mathematics; to do everything in order. With every step, every formula done in an orderly manner, the solution was shown very clearly to me. I knew what was the next step every time. 

One difficulty I faced was using proper terms to explain a change in the equation. I was not sure of some of the terms that I had to use. In the end, I only used words that made sense to me, even though it may not have been the proper terms to use.


No comments:

Post a Comment